ACCIONA Student Interns work under close supervision to develop skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the ACCIONA Energy business. Student Interns participate in a work-experience program that requires participation in structured training and development program.
There are four Summer Intern roles available in the ACCIONA Energy Melbourne office, to work from the end of November 2019 until the end of February 2020. Selected candidates may also be invited to participate ACCIONA’s Academy Program, which is a week-long professional development opportunity for high performing Engineers.
• Gain exposure to the work environment by observing and work-shadowing the work practices undertaken by experienced professionals at ACCIONA;
• Undertake assigned work with diligence and commitment to produce high quality outputs;
• Apply academic learning to the workplace environment;
• Participate in designated teams to achieve work outcomes;
• Provide reports, analysis and research on relevant issues, as directed;
• Contribute to team meetings and perform effectively as a member of the team;
• Undertake professional and personal development to complement on job learning;
• Carry out duties in accordance with ACCIONA’s health, safety, environmental and quality policies, principles, corporate values and strategies.
• In penultimate year of study in Civil or Electrical Engineering degree;
• Professional work experience in a related field (desirable and not essential);
• Capacity and interest to work on varied activities, managing multiple simultaneous projects as assigned by you manager;
• High attention to detail and commitment to produce high quality outputs;
• Make decisions based on accepted quality standards, policies and procedures;
• Work as an effective team-worker who can work independently when required;
• Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
• Fluent in English;
• A commitment to professional learning and self-development;
• High level of computer literacy including MS Office;
• Work rights as an Australian Citizen or suitable work visa.
Important Information for Applicants: Please answer all questions in the online application form and include the following in your application:-
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcript of courses completed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.