We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Analyze the lines of innovation to implement within his/her function, according to the specifications of each project, in order to develop new processes and work tools that optimize the systems and techniques applied in his/her function.
This sub-function undertakes to ensure a sustainable environmental impact in all activities carried out by the organisation. It includes: introducing guidelines for continuous improvement for promoting sustainable conduct, promoting sustainable use of material used, raising awareness among employees of the importance of the environment through continuing training, communicating and reporting on the company’s environmental management, among others.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Manage and lead the environmental department.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental contract requirements.
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and keeping up to date with Norwegian regulations and legislations and ensure all necessary permits are acquired.
- Coordinate all environmental aspects of the project, including water treatment, contamination, pollution control, waste management, noise and vibrations.
- Revise and implement the Environmental Management Plan (EMP) for the project.
- Identify, develop and implement the necessary environmental procedures and practices.
- Ensure the design and implementation of environmental preventive and corrective measures to eliminate or minimize possible environmental impacts due to the project.
- Ensure regular and structured environmental reporting.
- Liaise with Client and stakeholders regarding environmental issues.
- Identify needs for technical specialists and training.
- Training staff at all levels in environmental issues and responsibilities, including subcontractors.
- Implement the environmental management system for the project.
- Periodical environmental inspections in order to ensure that all environmental controls are working.
- Supervise and manage subcontractor works.
- Ensure water-monitoring plants are performing in accordance with requirements.
- Develop the environmental incident response plan and ensure training and preparedness.
Budgeting, cost control, procurement and subcontracts
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.